Wednesday, September 10, 2008

15

My favorite number. My soccer number. The number of days until I am REALLY freaking out about this 20K I seem to have ambitiously signed up for and now lack the energy to train for. The number of hours I spent in my classroom today. OUCH! As I so deperately strive to compose this blog, memories of the day fill my mind. The 4am wake up call that normally signals that the gym is beckoning my presence ever-so rudely awoke me to the thought that I must go to my classroom and prepare for the lessons of the day and the National Junior Honor Society Induction ceremony that would take place at 7pm this evening. Double ouch. Ouch times 15. After a long, rainy, draining day laboriously teaching myself and my students about folktales, religion, and research paper, I must attend the Home and School Meeting (PTA) to induct my new NJHS members. I am a sponsor and moderator of the group. I love the kids but hate the work... story and fabric of my lives.

Sigh. It is sad when your refrigerator in your classroom has more food in it than the fridge back home; sad when you have your make-up bag, 4 extra pairs of shoes, 2 after school gym bags with work out clothes and one before school gym bag with all your toiletries enclosed for the morning gym adventures; sad when you are the first one to arrive and the last to leave the school grounds. Why was I not born a slacker? Oh wait, I slack on my friends and pitiful excuse for a social life. PHEW! That one was close!

Ok done with the pity party... time for more pumpkin... yum!

No comments: